Suitable for Vegetarians: NO
Type of Milk: COWS
Pasteurised / Unpasteurised: Pasteurised
We take our commitments to customer safety extremely seriously and we always strive, through our food safety procedures, to ensure we sell safe food. Our Cheese’s, Cured meats and many other open food products require special preparation and handling and whilst we can guarantee our processes are robust, we must point out that products are prepared in a working kitchen environment where Gluten, Nuts, Seeds, and unpasteurised products are present.
Colston Bassett Shropshire Blue Cheese
Shropshire Blue is another gem produced by Colston Bassett. This blue cheese is as unique in taste as it is in colour, with blue veins radiating through its deep orange body.
This is a very good introduction blue cheese for those who feel Traditional stilton is a little too strong. We find the Shropshire blue creamier and milder than Stilton whilst it does retain a good “Blue cheese” flavour. The Blue veining is the dominant flavour with notes of nuttiness and spice throughout.
This Shropshire blue was awarded supreme champion out of 910 cheeses at the 2016 British Cheese awards AND a Great taste award in 2015, 2017.
Just as Stilton we recommend a good desert wine, perhaps Tawny/vintage Port or even an Italian Vin Santo. For standard wines, we serve this with a Cabernet Sauvignon or even a Sauternes. Try to resist any strong flavoured crackers – simple water biscuits or even celery works brilliantly!
· All cheeses/meats will be cut by hand to best accommodate the chosen size, however as they are cut by hand we cannot guarantee to match the chosen weight precisely. They may be over or slightly under.
· We guarantee that all products leaving the Olive Tree will be in excellent condition when passed to our courier for shipment. We will not be liable for any damaged stock/products that arrive at the customers address. If you receive any damaged goods then please contact us immediately.
· Products will arrive dated with a “Use By” date and must be adhered to accordingly. Products that require refrigeration will arrive under temperature-controlled conditions. It is the customers responsibility to manage both the temperature and date of the product from the point of delivery. As part of our due diligence, all perishable goods will leave the shop at the correct storage temperature and with sufficient shelf life.
· The majority of our stock is perishable and cannot be returned unless specifically directed to do so by the Olive Tree Delicatessen. For non-perishable products which are required to be returned, they will be returned at the customer’s expense and, provided they are returned in good condition within 10 working days of original receipt, a credit will be issued for the price paid.
· As the stock is from the shop, from time to time we may have sold out of the selected product before the online order reaches us, in which case we reserve the right to substitute the product with either something equal or superior. Similarly, if we believe the quality of product is not good enough, we will not send. If this occurs we will contact you to inform of the situation and arrange a substitute or refund.
· If the customer has requested delivery with “Additional Instructions”, it is imperative for the quality and temperature management of the product that it is not placed in direct sunlight or in a place where the packaging may become damaged.
· If you are unhappy at all with either with your product(s) or experience please contact the Store Manager within 24 hours on 01352 744949 of delivery.