Suitable for Vegetarians: NO
Type of Milk: COWS
Pasteurised / Unpasteurised: Unpasteurised
We take our commitments to customer safety extremely seriously and we always strive, through our food safety procedures, to ensure we sell safe food. Our Cheese’s, Cured meats and many other open food products require special preparation and handling and whilst we can guarantee our processes are robust, we must point out that products are prepared in a working kitchen environment where Gluten, Nuts, Seeds, and unpasteurised products are present.
Parmigianno Reggiano (DOP organic) Cheese
Under Italian law, only cheese produced in Provinces of Parma, Reggio Emilia, Modena, Bologna and Mantua. may be labelled "Parmigiano-Reggiano", and European law classifies the name, as well as the translation "Parmesan", as a protected designation of origin. Parmigiano is the Italian adjective for Parma and Reggiano is the adjective for Reggio Emilia.
Many cheeses labelled as “Parmesan” are not from the original location so be aware. If you want the genuine article, look for “Parmigiano Reggiano”
This cheese is simply stunning to eat in its own right, and our customers are always surprised at how delicious and salty fresh parmesan tastes. You will be hit with notes of nuttiness and subtle hints of fruit with (sometimes) a granular texture.
Take your pick with this one. Sparkling white dry wines such as Champagne or Prosecco work brilliantly to cut through the full fat of the cheese whilst cleansing the palate. During our Cheese & Wine Evenings we very often select Red wines such asChianti (Saniovese) or Valpollicella.
· All cheeses/meats will be cut by hand to best accommodate the chosen size, however as they are cut by hand we cannot guarantee to match the chosen weight precisely. They may be over or slightly under.
· We guarantee that all products leaving the Olive Tree will be in excellent condition when passed to our courier for shipment. We will not be liable for any damaged stock/products that arrive at the customers address. If you receive any damaged goods then please contact us immediately.
· Products will arrive dated with a “Use By” date and must be adhered to accordingly. Products that require refrigeration will arrive under temperature-controlled conditions. It is the customers responsibility to manage both the temperature and date of the product from the point of delivery. As part of our due diligence, all perishable goods will leave the shop at the correct storage temperature and with sufficient shelf life.
· The majority of our stock is perishable and cannot be returned unless specifically directed to do so by the Olive Tree Delicatessen. For non-perishable products which are required to be returned, they will be returned at the customer’s expense and, provided they are returned in good condition within 10 working days of original receipt, a credit will be issued for the price paid.
· As the stock is from the shop, from time to time we may have sold out of the selected product before the online order reaches us, in which case we reserve the right to substitute the product with either something equal or superior. Similarly, if we believe the quality of product is not good enough, we will not send. If this occurs we will contact you to inform of the situation and arrange a substitute or refund.
· If the customer has requested delivery with “Additional Instructions”, it is imperative for the quality and temperature management of the product that it is not placed in direct sunlight or in a place where the packaging may become damaged.
· If you are unhappy at all with either with your product(s) or experience please contact the Store Manager within 24 hours on 01352 744949 of delivery.